Would you like to join us?
We are a diverse group, with members of differing ethnicities and backgrounds, from the UK and further afield. Our ages range from 50 to 73, and we have varying levels of health and ability. We are actively seeking new members, but we need to ensure that we maintain our diversity, so we particularly welcome interest in the project from black and minority ethnic women. If you want to know more please get in touch with us.
We are looking for:
• Identification as lesbian and feminist – (by feminist we mean recognition that women are
disadvantaged and a commitment to changing this)
• Being older (50+) when joining
• Being committed to respecting and actively seeking diversity within the group
• Being capable of independent living (includes those supported to live independently)
• Being capable of meeting financial obligations
• Actively participating in developing the project
• Being committed to collective decision making, and willing to be transparent about all
• Being committed to living in a community
• Being tolerant and respectful and supporting one another
• Being willing to share our talents and skills
• Be prepared to join the list of directors, and to take on potential legal and financial
• Managing and maintaining our community to the best of our abilities
If you don’t want to join us but you are interested in what we are doing and want to become a friend or supporter, we can add you to our mailing list, and you will get a newsletter updating you on our progress.
If you would like to join the friends and prospective members mailing list, or you are interested in joining LOLC, fill in the form, and indicate in the comments section whether you want to receive the newsletter or you might be interested in joining email@example.com